Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"March Violets" A Song, Part One

I think this song is about people who spend their nights out on the town, with little ambition. "Last in line/ Tight on Cast/ Right on time," sounds like people who are waiting to get into a club scene. The people may be nihilistic, caring only for the moment they are in, not concerned with consequences. I like the line, "Every day is the Ides of March," because every night is full of a type of mystery or uncertainty. I find this song really hard to understand, it feels obscure to me.
This is hard to interpret. This is a lyric and not a regular poem. I wish I could hear the music and the singing style that accompanies these lyrics because that would help with interpretation. Songs are different than poems because the music and singing is vital to the meaning of the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment